Access to Livelihood for People with Disabilities (ALPD)
Access to Livelihood for People with Disabilities (ALPD) has been working for the holistic rehabilitation to people with disabilities since August 2013. The holistic nature of the project work is focused on their human rights, poverty alleviation, health care provision and education for persons with disabilities recognising that all aspects of the rehabilitation process are vital for its success. To ensure inclusion of people with disabilities in mainstream society, ALPD promoting the right to enjoy equal access to health, rehabilitation, education, employment and information in an enabling environment.
Achievements till date:
- 6 DPOs (Out of 9 new) already got registration from department of social services
- 1 DPO member got government job by
- the advocacy of the project.
- 135 persons with disabilities are now
self-employed by the assistance of project.
- 463 numbers of persons with disabilities are now included in to the government safety net programs.
- 131 numbers of children with disabilities enrolled in to the school.
- 27 number of persons with disabilities got employment in private and public sector.
- 68 number of persons with disabilities included in different government & local committees.
- 3554 number of persons with disabilities got health support by the assistance of project.
- 114 number of persons with disabilities completed different vocational training.
- 7666 number of people are now sensitize on disability issues.
- 9 persons with disabilities received loan from govt. institute.
- 582 numbers of persons with disabilities receive relief, incentive, worm cloths from govt. & private sector.
- 2 DPOs retain 7 decimal lands for their own office from government.
- 55 DPO leaders received different leadership training from other sources by the communication of ALPD project.
- 2 DPO leaders participated in the local government election and 1 elected in the Union Council.
Geographical Location of the project:
Dhaka, Manikgonj, Gazipur, Rajshahi, Barisal, Khulna, Moulvibazar and Chittagong district.